The 49ers cut ties with Bruce Miller earlier this week after a report surfaced that he was arrested following an assault on a 70-year-old man and his son early Monday morning. On Thursday, the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office announced it has charged Miller with seven felony counts and one misdemeanor in connection with the incident.

Among them: assault with a deadly weapon that is not a firearm — in this case, Miller allegedly used a cane — and inflicting injury on an elder.


Miller is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon.

The former fullback, who transitioned to tight end this offseason, had an odd timeline of events the day of his arrest. Reports came out that he was involved in a fight over a sandwich just hours before his alleged assault at the hotel. He was eventually thrown out of the restaurant.

Then, after his alleged assault, surveillance video caught him walking wobbly with a major gash on his forehead, and blood running down his face. He was also caught vomiting, and was believed to be intoxicated.

MORE: Week 1 picks against the spread

The San Francisco Police Department released the following statement regarding Miller’s case on Monday:

“On Sept. 5, 2016 at approximately 2:45 AM, San Francisco Police responded to a hotel on the 1200 blk. of Columbus Ave. in the Central District on the report of an intoxicated person. The suspect, later identified as 29 year old male Bruce Miller, was attempting to enter a hotel room that was not his. The room was occupied by an elderly couple (70 year old male and 66 year old female) both of whom do not know Miller. The neighboring guest, the couple’s son (29 years old), informed Miller he was at the wrong room when Miller charged at him starting a physical confrontation. The father came to his son’s defense when he was punched by Miller. Both the father and son were transported to the hospital for their injuries. Miller‎ was later located across the street at a different hotel and arrested on charges of aggravated assault, elder abuse, threats, and battery; he has been booked into San Francisco County Jail and has been cooperative in the investigation.”

Miller was out of custody on $178,000 bail.