Reds need Nick Senzel to come through more than past hyped prospects

  • Baseball null 夜网论坛 Cincinnati outfielder Nick Senzel, the No. 2 pick in the 2016 Draft, makes his debut for the Reds on Friday night against the San Francisco Giants.  Senzel, who hit .310 at Triple-A Louisville last season, had eight games at the level this season before the call-up. It comes at the right time. The Reds need him now — and they are going to need even more in the future from one of their top prospects.   MORE: Watch 'ChangeUp,' a new live whiparound show on DAZNAs far as Cincinnati debuts go, it's on the level of Homer Bailey, the 2004 first-round pick who made his debut on June 8, 2007 with the same level of fan-fare. It's in the range of Jay Bruce, a 2005 first-round pick who received a standing ovation at the Great American Ball Park before his first at-bat on May 27, 2008.  Bruce and Bailey went on to become key pieces on Reds playoff teams in 2010, 2012 and 2013. That's the long-term hope for Senzel, and Cincinnati needs him to come through in more ways than one.  The pressure won't be as pronounced this season. Cincinnati is in last in the NL Central (13-18), and aside from Jesse Winker, the team's outfield options have struggled at the plate.  Yasiel Puig, the high-profile pickup in the offseason, is hitting .178 with 30 strikeouts in 107 at-bats. Scott Schebler is hitting .127. Matt Kemp is on the IL. [......]

    继续阅读

    Maddon won't protest Cubs' loss to Nationals after all

  • null null null Baseball null The Cubs have dropped their protest over Saturday's 5-2 loss to the Nationals.Chicago manager Joe Maddon had formally protested the game, claiming Washington left-hander Sean Doolittle used an illegal delivery. However, the team has since decided not to move forward with their protest after discussions with  officials, with Maddon clarifying that he wanted to make a point objecting Doolittle’s toe-tap delivery after it was ruled illegal i夜网论坛n the past.MORE: Watch 'ChangeUp,' a new live whiparound show on DAZN In fact, Cubs righty Carl Edwards Jr. was told his similar move was illegal earlier this season.Discussion of the Sean Doolittle Toe Tap & Carl Edwards, Jr. Footplant from ESPN Sunday Night Baseball last night. pic.twitter.com/GXMisIJZbY— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 20, 2019"I really didn’t anticipate a whole lot to be done with it," Maddon said Sunday, via the Chicago Tribune. "I still don’t agree with the conclusion because I think it’s exactly what Carl did, only a different version of it."But the point was I w[......]

    继续阅读